Western North Carolina is noted for its local arts & crafts, unique entertainment venues and annual festivals. Brevard and the surrounding region live up to that reputation with a vibrant arts and entertainment scene. Here are just a few of the choices available to Connestee Falls residents.
Fine Arts & Crafts
Brevard is known for its excellent local artisans. There are galleries and shops downtown. Take Highway 276 south out of Brevard and follow the Scenic 276 Fine Arts & Crafts Corridor, a 13-mile stretch loaded with galleries.
There is a thriving local theatrical scene.
- It starts right at home where the Connestee Amateur Theater Society presents two major productions annually at the theater in the clubhouse.
- Brevard Little Theater features a full schedule of performances annually.
- Flat Rock Playhouse in Hendersonville is The State Theatre of N.C. A variety of performances are staged throughout the year at the Main Stage and in the Playhouse Downtown.
- The region also has smaller venues, touring performance groups and even a professional puppet company.
- Porter Center, Morrison Playhouse at Brevard College features theatrical events including everything from student performances to national touring acts.
- The Co-Ed Cinema brings Hollywood feature films and art movies to the historic movie theater in downtown Brevard.
- Transylvania Heritage Museum in Brevard is open Wednesday – Sunday from March through December. The museum lives up to its name with interesting exhibits, artifacts, art and history on region.
- Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute (PARI) is a fun and entertaining learning experience. PARI is actually an astronomical observatory located at an elevation of 3,000 feet in the Pisgah National Forest. It's open to the public for tours and special program events.
- White Squire Festival draws thousands to downtown Brevard over the Memorial Day weekend. The free event, voted
Best Spring Music Fest in N.C., features top national musical acts, art, food and more.
- September features the top names in bluegrass and mountain music at the
Mountain Song Festival at the Brevard Music Center, Whittington-Pfohl Auditorium.
- Other fun Brevard events include Brevardi Gras, Branff International Film Festival and Downtown July 4th Celebration.
Visit these websites to learn more about The Arts around Connestee Falls: