The Nation's Mountain Biking Capitol
Transylvania County North Carolina
Brevard and Transylvania County are known as the Mountain Biking Capitol of North Carolina. The beautiful mountains and rugged terrain make the perfect place for anyone who loves biking through the mountains or along rugged off-road trails and courses.
A few facts about biking in the area:
- 100,000 acres of public lands (in Pisgah, DuPont and Gorges Forests)
- 400 miles of peerless single track biking trails
- 1,000+ miles of gravel Forest Service roads
Here are just a few of the great biking destinations:
- DuPont State Forest is noted in Ian Dille's book "The Cyclist's Bucket List" as one of the nine must-do rides in the world!
- Pisgah National Forest Biking Trials
- Get an overview of biking information for Transylvania Mountain Biking.
There are also several noted annual competitive biking events locally:
- Jerdon Mountain Challenge
- Off Road Assault on Mt. Mitchell
- Pisgah Mountain Bike Stage Race
- Sycamore Cycles Swank 65
Come find your new mountain biking home at Connestee Falls.